Friday, August 28, 2015

week 59


Conference



Sorry I am late today. We were at an elders' zone activity.We went and made authentic tacos.We just cooked with lots of peppers and stuff.  I have made tortillas before. This time we bought the tortillas. We fixed beans, sausage, beef, cabbage with lemon, and had hot sauce.

First thing, have you gotten your license? 
I have gotten letters and my license.  I went to the Post Office and got all the mail this past Wednesday.  I got lots of pictures. Now that I have my GA license, I get to go to driving school on Friday. A US license isn´t enough to let me drive here. This week I just have to sit in a class and listen.  I will take the driving test later.

How was the conference with Elder Nelson?
It was good, but I had to leave every 10 minutes because of all the transmission problems that needed to be fixed.  The problem is that some local leaders have their own ideas concerning what and how missionaries should be doing.  So I was making it so everyone, including local leaders, could watch the conference. Elder Nelson was talking about how missionaries should always be missionaries, not just in the street.  Also that every missionary should teach his or her native tongue to the companion. (Yeah, Elder Taylor and I speak English in the office if we are the only ones in there.) He said that the missionaries are apostles.  An apostle´s job is to bear witness of Christ.  So all missionaries are apostles... just not Apostles of the Quorum. I´m a witness of the Savior.  

Who are your new nurses?
They are the Brinkmans.  They are from Utah.  The nurses are only for the Panamá Mission.  She will be the nurse and he will do something. She also has to approve all medical spending. They should work in the office. They are fun. It will be good to have them.

Are you feeling better now that you have vitamins?
I do feel better, and also the Belgian chocolate helps.

Tell me what you like about working with Elder Taylor?
He is a hard worker, but he knows how to relax and have fun. We don´t really get to do service, because we are always in the office. We go to members houses on Sundays for lunch and dinner.  That´s it.  We do get to share spiritual thoughts with them before we leave.

Do you speak Spanish much anymore?  
I speak less Spanish now.  When I call the missionaries to check on them, the people always give me to the gringos so it is easier to do stuff.  If I speak to a latin I just say ¨Necesito sus numeros...¨ then they give them to me in order.

Do you talk to missionaries all over the whole mission? 
Yes, I have to talk to everyone at least once every week.  I also get calls. A bunch of people are asking for packages that haven´t come yet.  Also for phones and stuff like that. I will send some people to Costa Rica on Wednesday.  They didn´t get migracions done in 6 months so we send them to Costa Rica to renew the tourist visas.   They just go for a day.  They get a new tourist visa that lasts 6 months.  If we can´t make them legal in the visa time, we send them to CR for a day.  Then when they come back, the tourist visa is reset and we have more time to work with. The two that I am sending are from my group, but the short MTC group that were only there 2 weeks.  Six new gringos will come next Wednesday.

Thanks for all the emails! I love to hear from everyone. Sorry no pictures today. I don't have my camera.

No comments:

Post a Comment