Friday, November 7, 2014



week 17

A New Comp



Today is Independence Day for Panama. Most places are closed, but we found an open internet place. I am doing great this week.

Halloween was last week. What did you do to celebrate?
The missionaries don´t do anything special except head home early.  It is hard to find families on Halloween.  They do celebrate Halloween and trick or treat a little bit.  It was funny because we were having dinner with a family and the little girls came out as a witch and a princess.  Elder Gonzales and I laughed.

Tell me about one of your appointments or contacts this week
Well, this week we were shopping for a speaker or something and a lady that works in the store said ¨Do you have one of your books¨  We didn´t have any left, so we are going back after internet and I have one with me.  It was funny.
There is this one investigator who wants us to call her abuelita because we are young enough to be her grandkids. They still can't say my name. I tell them my name is Elder Broadhead.  Then they try to say it and I tell them that most people call me Elder Bro because it is easier. Hermano Otero (2nd counselor bishopric) introduced me as Elder Broadway one time.

Tell me about your companion.
My new companion is Elder Gonzales.  He is from Hondorus.  He has 8.5 months in the mission and he is 18.  He has really helped with my Spanish and he only speaks a little English.  He has a lot of sisters and one of them is on a mission.  He likes to play soccer and just have fun.  He really likes doing service. So do I, so that is great. It is like a fresh start with a new companion. Everything is good. He is also my District Leader. And my Zone Leader, Elder Teichert, is one of the Assistants now. We have a new district now.  It is me, Elder Gonzales, Elder Polio, his son, (new trainee), Hermana Flores, her daughter,(new trainee) and the Zone Elders. It is easy to talk openly with Gonzales . Also he designated me a Senior Comp because I know the area.  Now I can actually speak in a competent manner.
We have divisions at least once a week. I go with someone else.  It is like having a new comp for a day. The Zone Leaders want us to do that 3 times a week.  We have to go do a lot of Baptism interviews.   We are teaching a lot of people.  We get to go to baptisms.

Anything funny this week?
We were playing soccer this week and I saw Elder Meine and my friend Elder Bitter.  We played them.  I got body checked by Bitter and that was kind of funny. But I still don’t like soccer.

What do you do for service?
This week, we went to the first counselor in the Bishopric´s house and he has banana trees in front of his house.  He gave me and Elder Gonzales machetes and told us to cut a lot of the leaves off.  I have some pretty bad blisters from that one. I didn’t have my work gloves with me because we didn’t know that we would be working.

Have you gotten any more mail? 
No, but I hope to get some Thursday.  There are ZL consejos and that is when the ZLs can pick up the mail.

Description: https://ssl.gstatic.com/ui/v1/icons/mail/images/cleardot.gif
Tell me about your bishop.
My Bishop was not the friendliest at first, but then we found out from President that he is one of the hardest working bishops.  We started being more patient and he likes us a lot more now.  He has to work a lot, so if we have a meeting with the bishop, it is usually just with his two counselors.


We´re going.  Bye. love you. Talk to you next week

No comments:

Post a Comment